Following upon French President François HOLLANDE’s State Visit in Seoul on the 4th of November 2015, our healthcare association was established by Business France and 5 major French healthcare companies : bioMérieux, Guerbet, Ipsen, Sanofi, and Servier.
French President François HOLLANDE's State Visit in Korea
On the 4th of November 2015, during the State Visit of President François HOLLANDE in Seoul, has been launched the French Healthcare Korea association jointly led by Guerbet and Business France with the support of the other founding members: bioMérieux, Ipsen, Sanofi, and Servier.
French Tech Days
On May 30th and 31st 2016, we participated in the French Tech Days, a top notch institutional forum that attracted no less than 300 Korean companies.
During this event, an eHealth symposium has been organized on the following thematic framework: « France and Korea: a bilateral cooperation to face today’s and tomorrow’s challenges ».
Dr. BARRE-SINOUSSI lecture, Nobel Price in Medicine, at Seoul National University Hospital
On the 24th of November 2016, in collaboration with Seoul National University Hospital, Dr. Françoise BARRE-SINOUSSI, Nobel Price 2008 in Medicine, gave a lecture about the following subject: « Toward novel HIV preventive & therapeutic stratégies ? ».
Over 200 students attended the lecture followed by a questions and answers session.
The French Health Care Day at Institut Pasteur Korea
On the 9th of December 2016, with Institut Pasteur Korea French Healthcare Korea association co-organized the French Health Care Day, final scientific event of the France-Korea Year 2015-2016. The symposium opened by M Fabien PENONE, French Ambassador gathered healthcare specialists from both France and Korea to discuss on the following thematic topics :
1. Health Care Associated infections Multi drug resistant organisms in healthcare facilities and community
2. Management of Hepatocellular carcinoma; Current Status and Future Perspectives
3. French-Korean health alliances for Tuberculosis-free Korea!
First plenary session
The French Healthcare Korea association held its first Plenary Meeting on Tuesday 24th October 2017 at the French Embassy. This event gathered over 30 companies involved in promoting healthcare between France and Korea.
M. SON FORGET, Member of French Parliament and head of French Korean Friendship group at the French Assembly, gave a speech where he insisted on the special links which exists between the two countries in healthcare sector and how positive the time sequence is to succeed in our projects.
The Secretary General reminds the main goals and priorities and presents the future projects of the association.
Meeting with Seoul National University Hospital Dean of Preventive Medicine
On the 30th of October, during the Visit of M SON FORGET, the Secretary General of our French Healthcare Korea association presented the joint diploma projects and got the support of the Dean.
It was the first step to enhance cooperation between Korean and French Universities.
Healthcare in South Korea
During the first semester, numerous events took place in order to present healthcare market :
• Business France Webinar 20th February
• French Patent and Trademark office's lectures 22nd March and 11th April
• Lecture by Nielsen Korea and French Tech Seoul 19th June
• Healthcare seminar in Paris 21st September
French officials visits
During the first semester, French Healthcare Korea was able to discuss with :
• Mr Mounir MAHJOUBI, Minister of State for the Digital Sector, 19th February
• Mrs Agnes PANNIER RUNACHER, Minister of State, attached to the Minister of Economy and Finance, 16th May
We aim to:
- Promote scientific and academic exchanges between Korea and France in the healthcare area
- Contribute to the development of relations between the Korean and French scientific communities
- Promote the Korean health industry in France
- Strengthen the French presence in Korea